Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



I live in Houston (Gulf States Toyota region). Just bought a 2011 Avalon, base trim, that included option CF. This is supposed to include a trunk mat for Avalons delivered in the GST region per the Toyota web site. This was not present in my car. Same story for the valet key which the owners manual indicates should be there.



My dealer informs me that GST states they are not putting these items in the new Avalons. I find this hard to accept and am trying to run the correct info to ground. Certainly the top of the line Toyota must have a valet key and the carpet set must include something for the trunk. The sets for Corolla and Camry include this item.



Is This a Toyota USA or a Gulf States Toyota glitch?

Reply 1 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



I can't really say one way or another about the trunk mat. That sounds like something you should address with the dealer (or the regional Toyota rep if you don't get satisfaction). Go armed with a printout of the website that says you're meant to get it and see what they say.



Regarding the valet key - I'll assume you have the keyless start feature - read this snip from a recent forum thread:



The Smartkey is to give the the fob, you keep the removable that is part of the fob. You use that to lock the glove box after pressing the button in the glove box that disables opening the trunk with the fob or dash button. That way the can get in the car and start it but cannot get into the glovebox or trunk. Of course, after you remove the mechanical from the fob then the doesn't have anything to attach his little tag too which frustrates them.



Hope that's helpful...

Reply 2 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



Believe me, I have already confronted the dealer with all of the data published by Toyota regarding both the mat and valet key. They acknowledge that everything I say is correct, but they can't provide what GST does not send to them. It is easier to speak to the CIA than to get to someone at GST. By the way, I have a regular key. The keyless ignition only comes with the Limited trim level.

Reply 3 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



Then it sounds as though you have no choice but to escalate it. The national hotline is 800-331-4331 and the Gulf States Region (OK, TX, MS, LA, AR) representative ia at 713-580-3300.



For what it's worth, there's an article that I thought was well written that might be helpful. Check out http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...roblem-solved/.



And let us know how it goes for ya!

Reply 4 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



Thanks for the numbers, Tom. I will call GST tomorrow. This is not a real big deal, but these guys should deliver what they promise. If the info provided about these two items is wrong, how much more of their published data is incorrect? I am retired and not a bit hesitant to keep nipping at their heels. I really like the car and can't wait for the long trip that my wife and I plan to take in about a month. We owned a 1996 Avalon XLS from new and kept it for nine years. It was the best sedan that we have ever owned. We also have a 2005 Odyssey EXL that we also love. The Odyssey has been great on long trips. I hope the new Avalon will be as good as the old and will rival the Odyssey on the road.

Reply 5 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



edelaune,



I had a trouble with our '11 Limited as the brochure showed the trunk having a trunk net as a std feature. Ours did not come with it and they tried the same thing....a quick stand at the salesmanagers desk with other customers around seemed to resolve the issue quite rapidly...and the net was provided within minutes...



I wish you luck as the mat set we got with ours included a trunk mat; however, we are in the Denver region....

Reply 6 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat



After speaking to everyone, including someone on the Toyota national hotline, I have the correct answers and resolution. There is no valet key for the Toyota Avalon even for the base model. There is an error in the warranty and maintenance manual where it states that there is one. The owner's manual correctly states that there are only two keys. I am going to get a trunk mat from the dealer at no extra cost to me. I think my call to the hotline is what brought that about although it could be the result of the conversation that I had already started with the dealer. I am satisfied and convinced that the system does work if you stick with it. I am enjoying the car and everything seems to be working correctly.

Reply 7 : 2011 Avalon, missing valet key and trunk mat




No comments:

Post a Comment