Friday, March 25, 2011

95 runner engine swap, please help!



Ok here's the story, bare with me cuz it's a long one! I've got a 95 runner and I put another motor in it. Well the other motor is a built 1990 model 3 vze that's never been started. I put the heads off my 95 3vze and ended up having to change the timing belt tensioner. Well all of ths done and a few more problems later I am back to step one. It's blowing out exhaust through the coolant reservoir. I bought a gasket kit for a 95 model and ended up using it anyways, are the port holes different on the two different models? Are the heads interchangeable?(I've heard from several people it would work) are the heads backwards?? I don't know cam anybody help!!??

Reply 1 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



chrisfrost,



If it was a built motor then why did you put your heads on it??????

Reply 2 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



I was wrong aboutthat the heads that are on it are the ones that were on the built motor ad they have been resurfaced. Te only thing I can think of is the gasket kit I use was for a 95 and it was an early 90s motor. Are the port holes different in a 90 and 95? Maybe the port holes are different on those two models gasket kits?

Reply 3 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



chrisfrost,



I still don't understand. If it is a built up motor with heads on it why are you messing with the heads????

Reply 4 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



Ok I did end up using the heads that were with the built motor. They've been resurfaced and all that. Iforgot about the bolt holes not lining up for my timing tensioner, ended up having to get one off the older model to make it work. Anyways any ideas on a 91 3vze gasket kit and a 95 3vze gasket kit? Are all the port holes the same? Because from what I got out of what the mechanic was telling me was that it blowing exhaust out of the coolant reservoir on te front of the motor. If no differences than any other ideas what it could be. Thanks chris

Reply 5 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



Sorry I didn't even read your question. I had a friend that got the motor built and I ended up putting the heads on it and putting it together and in the rig.

Reply 6 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



Christfrost,



I would say stick with like kind. Do not mix unless you verify that before installation you set the gasket on the head and it aligns with all coolant passages. Its obvious that you had a problem and that would through a red flag at me if I was doing the job.

Reply 7 : 95 runner engine swap, please help!



Alright thank you I guess I'll have to try and find somebody online to call and find out if there's any differences in the gasket kits cuz I don't want to take that motor out again if I don't have to. This whole project has been nothing but trouble, a Toyota is definitely not like working on a small block chevy! Thanks for trying! Thanks chris

No comments:

Post a Comment