Friday, March 18, 2011

slow acceleration ok, quick acceleration cuts out



I've got a strange problem with my 2001 Tacoma V6, 2WD.

It runs perfect, no problems driving normal at all.

But if I punch the gas from a dead stop (or slow rolling stop), or accelerate any faster than typical driver from a dead stop (or slow rolling stop). It's like the fuel just cut's off for a full second, like the injectors just shutdown. Then it picks up and takes off like their is nothing wrong. It is always exactly 1 full second of hesitation, happens 100% of the time if you floor it or accelerate like your running late for work. It's always exactly 1 second of hesitation. It's almost like it's programmed in the ECU to delay for 1 second if you accelerate quicker than a predetermined value. I've already changed my plugs, no engine codes. Truck just had a full service (90,000 service), still has the problem. The Toyota service dept tells me they can't figure out what is causing it. Anyone have any ideas, or heard of this problem before?

Reply 1 : slow acceleration ok, quick acceleration cuts out



Sounds like a faulty Mass Air Control sensor. Has it ever been cleaned ? Located behind air intake box. Held in place with two screws. I used CRC Mass Air Control

Sensor Cleaner to clean mine. I have a "02 Tacoma V6 and cleaning the MAF sensor

helped engine performance, a cheap fix, temporarily. Then the Throttle control sensor

malfunctioned, The throttlle control sensor maintains tension on the throttle cable.

It was replaced, not a cheap fix, but accelleration is now as it should be. Crisp from

the start ,when I put my foot in it. I hope these two scenarios help you get your truck back

flying. Mine does.

No comments:

Post a Comment