Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Croaking Humming Noise



Since the Matrix is the same car as the Pontiac Vibe, I thought I'd try to find an answer here. My 2009 Vibe has been making a croaking or pulsating noise that seems to come from the dash area. It's hard to hear it when I open the hood outside the car. It's mostly apparent inside the car. It comes and goes as it pleases and it seems the engine has to be somewhat warmed up. Sometimes it'll do it at idle or I can slightly rev the engine to about 1,500 to 2,000 RPM's and it'll do it. Sometimes it'll do it when I'm driving. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from and neither can 3 dealers. It's almost out of the 36,000 mile warranty, so I'm trying to find out what it is before then. I've uploaded an audio file of the noise to YouTube:
















http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zjmdu_04vIw






I'm wondering if anyone has heard this same noise and if so, can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment