Friday, March 25, 2011

automatic shift stick stuck on 95 camry



So i recently acquired my first car, a 95 Camry. I decided to put my little twist on things to make it seem younger in my eyes. Seat covers, steering wheel covers, etc. So I decided to Change out the knob to a skull which is more my taste. The knob i bought was just that, a knob, no buttons to switch gears. I removed the old knob and in the process ended up losing a small piece to the overdrive button so question one is where can i get a new overdrive button.



Moving on, when I put the new knob on it switched gears without having to hold down the brake and i wasn't able to take my key out of the ignition which i didn't like so i decided to put the old one back on. well wen i took the skull knob off i noticed that the mechanism that pushes down to be able to shift kept getting stuck. I pushed it down a few times to get it loose and it was fine. When I put old shift stick on I tried switching gears and now it doesnt move at all. How do I get that stick part to move up and down again?



And if there isnt an easy solution would anybody know just about how much it would cost to get it fixed? Even if it means them just putting a plain old knob on. I need my car and cant stand driving my sisters van :/

Reply 1 : automatic shift stick stuck on 95 camry



yup sounds pooched, go to a you pull it and pull a new shifter part there should only cost around 20 something



the thing with auto's are there are sensors and switches there that need to be checked and confirmed for stuff like anti-theft and safety, so you have to get one with a button on it to change gears, you can go with out the over drive switch.



after you get the new one search on here and you can see which ones people have used and there is a diy on how to install it

No comments:

Post a Comment