Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"deodorizer" smell when heat on



I know this sounds strange - my husband thinks I'm crazy but that's besides the point - however it started yesterday that when I turn on the heat, it eventually smells like a deodorizer.



I realize it could be worse! However I'm allergic to perfumy smells and I either run the heat with the rear windows cracked or just not at all.



I thought maybe one of the kids left their little ball deoderizer that you put in shoes in the van and it rolled up to the vent under front seat but not the case.



Any suggestions other than a psychiatrist.

Reply 1 : "deodorizer" smell when heat on



That is interesting. Some of us would like to know how you accomplished this problem. Somewhere up front there is a place that the heater fan draws air in. This place may be your problem.



Have you tried switching it to draw heat from outside. Does it have a change when you switch it from outside to inside? Does it change when you switch it from upper vents to floor vents? If the smell is always there it's probably from the actual fan area.



Did it smell badly before? There is a deodorizer that can be sprayed into the vent system. Could this have been recently put into yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment