Wednesday, March 23, 2011

front suspension GT-S into SR5



I have an SR5 but I also have a GTS parts car of the same year. I know the GTS comes with the serviceable front suspension parts (cartridges as opposed to sealed housing).

If I were to buy new Tokico cartridges (or any sporty-er cartridges) for the GTS housings, could I replace the SR-5's sealed housings with the GTS parts? Or is modification required?

Reply 1 : front suspension GT-S into SR5



it will all work.



while you're at it pull the control arms and swaybar from the gts (you will have to unbolt the cat on both cars) and swap it all into your SR5.

Reply 2 : front suspension GT-S into SR5



thanks, and good reminder on the sway bar.

Reply 3 : front suspension GT-S into SR5



Yup, I'm running gts koni sports on my Sr5



I would also take the rear disc brakes off it.

Reply 4 : front suspension GT-S into SR5



That's going to be a summer project for me, converting the rear brakes

On a positive note, I should have my FC back this week from body shop, next project on that one is FMIC and new Clutch/Pressure Plate.

But the front suspension on my SR5 is what's bugging me right now, but I didn't know the SR5 front suspension was different from the GTS until like yesterday. That's why I'm going trying to swap that out ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment