Saturday, March 19, 2011

Best red-out film for taillights?



I know many people have done this mod, but I would spend half my life going through all the threads. I'm curious as to which film you guys think is the best, all things considered (looks, price, durability of the film, etc).



I'm going to be redding out the turn signals and smoking the reverse lights, but I have a plotter at work and I'm hoping to cut both films exactly to the size of each piece that needs to be applied. If it works out good, I may even consider cutting them for forum members, most likely for free as long as the film and a SASE is provided.

Reply 1 : Best red-out film for taillights?



R-vinyl

Reply 2 : Best red-out film for taillights?




Quote:








Originally Posted by pmesfun
View Post

R-vinyl



That site is incredibly confusing

Reply 3 : Best red-out film for taillights?



reids got his (ours) from metrorestyling.com. I cannot say about price or the site as reids sent me mine (HE RULES!!!). Holding up fine, blends in great.

Reply 4 : Best red-out film for taillights?




Quote:








Originally Posted by FlawedLegacy
View Post

reids got his (ours) from metrorestyling.com. I cannot say about price or the site as reids sent me mine (HE RULES!!!). Holding up fine, blends in great.



Excellent, thank you. Ill most likely be ordering from them later tonight.



Can't wait!

Reply 5 : Best red-out film for taillights?



I got Rvinyls but from ebay! for some reason it seems like a really good quality but because of that i think it looks a bit darker maybe thicker than others? but its holding up amazing! oh and its crazy cheap 8 bucks for 24x24.



the one that looks the best(closest to the rest of the red of our tailights) is jims and ilikebass



Rvinyls

Reply 6 : Best red-out film for taillights?



I always buy from metrorestyling...check their ebay prices versus their website prices..the vinyl they sell holds up very well and is easy to use

Reply 7 : Best red-out film for taillights?



I got mine from a vendor on eBay. Quality seems really good and it held up great for as long as I had it on there until I switched out the tail lights.

Reply 8 : Best red-out film for taillights?



Ordered from Metro Restyling. So excited.



Anyone have pics of tails with red-out turn signals and the reverse lights smoked?

Reply 9 : Best red-out film for taillights?



i did the same as dimaoala. he gave me the link and i used it for mine and Jims

Reply 10 : Best red-out film for taillights?




Quote:








Originally Posted by ilikebass7
View Post

i did the same as dimaoala. he gave me the link and i used it for mine and Jims




Reply 11 : Best red-out film for taillights?



Heres a quick photoshop of what I think it will look like (obviously I hope the red blends better)





Before









After


Reply 12 : Best red-out film for taillights?



really old pic but this is the film from metrostyling.




Reply 13 : Best red-out film for taillights?



also metrorestyling vinyl








Reply 14 : Best red-out film for taillights?



So a more accurate idea of what my tails will look like:




No comments:

Post a Comment