Friday, March 18, 2011

Tundra Vent Dial only works 1/2 way



2005 Tundra.. dial vent selector.. I can only access 12 o'clock (foot vent), 3 o'clock (mix foot and defrost) and 5 o'clock (defrost). In NH - this is technically enough (at least for winter!), but I pushing for more.



First thought.. heater control assembly.. replaced it with a $25 used one.. and realized it was not the issue. Removing it looked harder than it was for anyone considering doing so.



In process realized that the Air Mix Control Cable is closer to the source of the issue. This is the black sheath wire that connects to the lever on the heater control assembly (far right one) for the vent dial. When I manually push and pull it - it only goes so far - I cannot move it to actually get air to come out from the vents.



From other posting... there are some other vent devices in dash by driver's lower leg and in dash by left foot of passenger.. any ideas would be appreciated before I start tearing things apart.



One other clue.. the previous owner, must have parked it under a tree every fall with the windows open. There was lots of leaf debris in the vents. THANKS

Reply 1 : Tundra Vent Dial only works 1/2 way



I had the same problem. I bought 04 Tundra in 2008. It gets hot here in Ky, I couldn't find out why vent dial wouldn't turn completely. One day I removed the dial knob itself off and put it back in a different position, slightly turned, and the vents blew full force, as compared to 1/4. Although in doing so, some of the other vent modes do not work. Not sure what the underlying problem is, but it cost zero $.

Reply 2 : Tundra Vent Dial only works 1/2 way



http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...r-works-1-2-a/

No comments:

Post a Comment